With the winter season gradually disappearing, it’s time to start thinking about heading for a sun-kissed destination and some time on the beach.
Like me, your head might be all over the place, but one of the most important things to consider when hitting the beach is what footwear you should wear. The words comfort, durability and style should come to mind.
Didn’t have the right shoes for pebbles on the beach
I remember one beach holiday where I had to run across hard pebbles to get one of my kids out of the sea. Running without footwear made it an unpleasant experience.
You’ll be walking on sand, wading in water, and even doing some light activity, so your shoes need to be comfortable above all else. Avoid anything too tight or restrictive, and opt for materials that breathe and dry quickly.
Sand, saltwater, and sun can be tough on shoes, so find a pair that withstand the elements. Leather and canvas are good options, but there are also plenty of stylish synthetic materials that are up to the challenge.
Cute and trendy
Just because you’re at the beach doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style! There are tons of cute and trendy sandals, flip-flops, and even water shoes on the market. Don’t be afraid to experiment with colour, pattern, and texture.
This post contains affiliate links that I earn a small commission from at no cost to you.
Here are a few specific ideas for fashionable beach footwear:
- Strappy sandals: These are a classic beach look that’s both stylish and comfortable. Look for sandals with straps that support your feet, and come in a variety of colours and materials.
- Espadrilles: These woven sandals are perfect for a laid-back beach vibe. They come in a variety of styles, from flat to wedges, and can be dressed up or down.
- Flip-flops: Regarded as a beach essential, but that doesn’t mean they have to be boring. Look for flip-flops with fun embellishments or interesting materials. They are great for long walks to slip on and off, they dry quickly, and let your feet breathe. Just make sure they have good traction so you don’t slip in the sand.
- Water shoes: If you’re planning on doing any water activities, water shoes are a must-have. They’ll protect your feet from rocks, shells and seaweed. They will grip slippery surfaces and give you better traction. Also known as Aqua Shoes, they can also be used for for yoga, beach running, snorkelling, swimming and surf scuba diving
- Sneakers: If you like building sandcastles then this is the best footwear for you. It’s closed-toe so no water or sand can get in. Sneakers can actually be a cool and stylish beach shoe. Choose a lightweight pair in a fun colour or pattern.
No matter what type of footwear you choose, make sure it makes you feel confident and comfortable. My personal favourite are sneakers. But don’t mind me, you choose what’s best for you.